[fdo-internals] FDO RFC 16 - FDO Provider for SQLite

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Apr 22 23:59:55 EDT 2008

Frank's new files are still not working.  I don't think that MapGuide
has a specific requirement for a CS; it works fine with shape files that
don't have projection info.

This explanation doesn't make a lot of sense given where in the MapGuide
code this is failing.

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Server/src/Services/F
eature/ServerGetFeatures.cpp#l978

(or thereabouts).  I find it amusing that the comment at the default
condition is "We will probably never hit this code" :)

My guess would be that the provider is passing a data type that MapGuide
hasn't accounted for or is not a valid FDO type.  From the code, it
looks like MapGuide understands:

  Boolean, Byte, DateTime, Decimal, Double, Int16, Int32, Int64, Single,
String, BLOB and CLOB.

Traian, in your manual tests of describing the schema of Frank's tables,
what data types are you getting?

From: Traian Stanev
Subject: RE: [fdo-internals] FDO RFC 16 - FDO Provider for SQLite

The data reads fine in my manual tests, but Jason pointed out that it
errors out in MapGuide. One thing I noticed is that some of the geometry
columns have an SRID equal to 0, meaning they don't have a coord sys.
Was that intentional? Generally FDO data sources are required to have a
coordinate system, so this is what could be causing the problem in
MapGuide.