[fdo-internals] Development of FDO provider for OGC SOS

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Jan 8 11:07:52 EST 2008

I think it's tough to guess.  The ADSK folks can probably whip these
things out in a matter of a couple months ;)  For non-ADSK developers,
Haris seems to have done OK, but Frank and Mateusz both struggled...  I
wonder if we're missing some kind of "concepts" or "steps to building a
provider" document.  There was some talk at the conference of building a
minimalist (text file with ewkt?) provider as a learning aid, but I
don't think that went anywhere.

I would personally love to see an SOS provider, but don't have a
business need for this that would allow me to help fund it.

From: Pierre-Nicolas.HUTIN
Subject: RE: [fdo-internals] Development of FDO provider for OGC SOS

I forgot to mention that this FDO OGC SOS provider would be open source
if developped. Is there any body interrested to help to developp this
provider and evaluate how much time this would take ?