[fdo-internals] FDO Incubation update

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Fri Jan 18 12:31:16 EST 2008

Hi All,

The more I think about the provider test data we have in our SVN, the more I believe that we have not put enough effort into determining what data we truly have the right to publish in our distribution files, or even store in our SVN. There seems to be multiple locations where we have determined that the data originates from public or governmental web sites, but that in and of itself does not give us permission to distribute in zip form, or to maintain a copy. I am now thinking that the provider test data should be removed from the SVN if the distribution rights are at all in question. This act would allow us in part to graduate incubation. Once incubation is complete and 3.3.0 is released, we can begin a piecemeal process of resubmitting test data that has been vetted more carefully.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Greg Boone