[fdo-internals] FDO SVN Branches
Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Mar 12 16:19:37 EDT 2008
Sounds good to me.
From: fdo-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:fdo-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Greg Boone
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 13:06
To: FDO Internals Mail List
Subject: [fdo-internals] FDO SVN Branches
After taking to the FDO PSC today, a request has arisen to restructure
the FDO Braches in SVN for easier maintenance and ongoing support.
Here is the plan that was proposed:
1) Create a general 3.3 branch that will be the basis for all
future development for future 3.3.x releases
2) Move the code in the existing 3.3.1 branch to the newly created
3) Make the 3.3.0 branch a tag'ed build rather than a branch
4) When 3.3.1 is released, make 3.3.1 a tag as well
5) Submissions to the 3.3 branch will be limited to priority
defects until 3.3.1 is released
6) Code submitted to the trunk will be ported to the 3.3 branch on
a as-needed basis once 3.3.1 is released
NOTE: A tag or a branch in SVN is not a full copy of the source code.
Tagged code can be moved to branches or branched code moved to tags
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fdo-internals