[fdo-internals] Running two different FDO Versions

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Sep 15 12:35:59 EDT 2008

geostarter wrote:
> I have an application which uses FDO 3.2 files and i want to extend it with a
> component which needs FDO 3.3. Now i want to run both versions. When i run
> the whole application the FDO 3.2 unmanated dll's are used because it's
> loaded before, but i want to use FDO 3.3 in my component! So is it possible
> to run both versions in one process?

I've never tried such configuration myself, but have experienced
troubles of running 2-3 FDO dev environments on single machine,
I suppose what you are trying to achieve as very difficult if not
impossible.

Second, how do you imagine loading FDO components (DLL binaries) from
different packages/versions from common client application.