[fdo-internals] FDO RFC 45 - Add new FDO PostGIS provider

Mike Toews mwtoews at sfu.ca
Mon Dec 14 13:36:20 EST 2009

Hi,

Sorry to chime in late on the topic, but why not simply name the new
provider OSGeo.PostgreSQL, since we are aware that PostGIS is a
PostgreSQL database extension to enable spatial functionality, and
theoretically the provider should be able to connect to a PostgreSQL
database without the PostGIS extension installed.

-Mike