[fdo-internals] Re: [mapguide-internals] MapGuide REST Extension

Robert Bray rbray at robertbray.net
Wed Feb 18 15:24:30 EST 2009

For me I would like to keep core services in the server and have the
web-tier supply a number of interfaces to those core services. Adding FDO to
the web-tier would blur this significantly. Also it in would mean the web
tier would need to have configuration for data connections, connection
pooling, joins, calculated fields, and a whole host of other things that the
server already does. Why have that in two places?

Bob