[fdo-internals] FDO PostGIS provider developments

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 30 13:01:06 EST 2009

Orest Halustchak wrote:
> Hi Haris,
>

> I see what you’re saying about keeping the old provider, but it would be
> extra work to maintain the two copies. The old one would still be
> available in the 3.4 branch and the new one in the trunk. Maybe that
> would be sufficient?

Orest,

I don't really have an iron in this fire, but my preferred approach would be
to have both versions live in trunk for a while.  Once both are available for
a while and we get feedback on their good and bad points the PSC could decide
on which to support long term.

I think it is a lot to ask the PSC to put the existing provider aside in favor
of a new one that does not yet exist.