[fdo-internals] WMS provider issue while consuming 1.3.0 server

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Tue Aug 17 12:36:22 EDT 2010

While I'd love to see FDO become more intelligent about CS handling
and reprojection in general, I guess the 400mb dependency is a bit
steep just for axis order support.

In the meantime could we maybe use CS-Map to generate a lookup file of
CS and axis-order pairs (or just the reverse-order ones)? Or somehow
query the EPSG registry at build time or once per release-cycle to
generate this list? Or extract the list from the EPSG database dumps
(though they tend to lag behind the registry considerably)?

Does WMS always use EPSG short-codes, or does it allow full URN
notation (and would we have to support that)?

Jason