[fdo-internals] Hosting FDO 3.5 builds / Binaries for CentOS and Ubuntu

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Wed Feb 17 19:29:03 EST 2010

Hi Helio,

I have been working on Ubuntu packaging for the 32 bit build and have just had a chance to look at your fdo.spec and patch file.  I have a few questions:

Does Linux have a /usr/lib64 in addition to a /lib64?

Are you still building to /usr/local?  From my Ubuntu work, installing packages to /usr/local seems to be a bit of a no-no.  The Ubuntu lintian tool generate a whole whack of errors when I try to target /usr/local.

Do we want to break each provider out into a separate install package (rpm on Fedora/CentOS, deb on Ubuntu/Debian)?

Also, the RegistryUtility patch seems reasonable to me.

Thanks,
Trevor