[fdo-internals] 64 bit boost compilation on 64 bit machine

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Thu Mar 11 23:53:20 EST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to run a 64 bit build of Fdo on a 64 bit Windows Web Server 2008 box.  I seem to be getting hung up when building Thirdparty\boost.  It looks as though bjam starts to run but then it throws a Windows dialog box stating

Window's can't open this file:
execution_monitor.obj.rsp

I tried grabbing a newer version of bjam.exe but that did not seem to correct the problem.

Very weird.  The 32 bit build was successful.  Any ideas?  Has anyone else tried building 64 bit Fdo on a 64 bit machine?

"cl" returns "Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.30729.01 for x64" on my machine.  Not sure if that will make a difference or not.

Thanks,
Trevor