[fdo-internals] Re: insert error control properties with KingOracle

Simon Pelicon simon at sl-king.com
Thu Dec 1 08:15:46 EST 2011

Hi!

If FDO Feature class has primary key defined and if it is of type NUMERIC
than King.Oracle provider will also check for Oracle Sequence to use for
primary key column. Sequence has to have a name like TableName_FDOSEQ to be
used by provider.
For table named RAIL sequence name of sequence is RAIL_FDOSEQ.
This sequence will be used by provider during inserts to populate value for
identity column. If value for identity is not set during insert than
provider will use next value from sequence to insert a row.
Simon