[fdo-internals] FDO 3.7.0 Beta 1 Released

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 09:21:01 EST 2011

Hi Trevor,

> As part of the GDAL 1.8 upgrade, I would like to move to using GDAL project
> binaries instead of rolling our own build.  This would give us full support
> for all GDAL capability.  I believe our custom build misses support for a
> number of raster and vector formats.

Kudos to you. It would be a very good move, both for the project and for users.

May I ask you (obviously if this is possible) to enable Postgresql
support (not compiled by default with GDAL/OGR since it needs client
library) using latest available stable libpq release?

Providing also an out of the box connection to Postgresql through OGR
provider would be ideal for those who don't want (yet) to use
PostgreSQL/Postgis provider.

Regards,

Gabriele