[fdo-internals] Patch for ticket 493 (GDAL provider doesn't return spatial contexts)

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:03:48 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I have attached a patch for the GDAL provider that fixes default extents
being returned for rasters that have no associated coordinate system

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/493

This patch was made against the current FDO 3.5 branch. Given the lack of
real changes in the actual provider for a while, this patch should be easily
appliable to 3.6 branch and trunk.

Only tested for windows given my lack of experience with the gcc/autotools
stack. Structurally speaking, there only 2 new files for the unittest
project which is a new unit test to verify that spatial context queries on a
small set of known GDAL test rasters with no coordinate system information
will return the correct extents (ie. The same extents if you were to query
the raster via the gdalinfo utility)

Please review. Thanks.

- Jackie