[Fdo-trac] [fdo-trac] #967: If building FDO with internal openssl/libcurl, building libcurl insists on linking to system openssl instead of internal copy

FDO trac_fdo at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 29 07:23:09 PST 2019

#967: If building FDO with internal openssl/libcurl, building libcurl insists on
linking to system openssl instead of internal copy
----------------------------+----------------------
   Reporter:  jng           |      Owner:  jng
       Type:  defect        |     Status:  assigned
  Component:  Build System  |    Version:
   Severity:  3             |   Keywords:
External ID:                |
----------------------------+----------------------
 I've been observing when doing a full end-to-end build of FDO with all
 internal libs on Linux that when it comes time to build Utilities/OWS, it
 fails with linker errors around OpenSSL.

 When I look at the build logs, I see that libcurl's configure picks out
 the system-installed version of OpenSSL instead of the internal copy.

 The system-installed OpenSSL slipped in as an indirect dependency of one
 or more packages that needed to be installed to set up the build
 environment, so not having default OpenSSL present is not an option.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/967>
FDO <http://fdo.osgeo.org/>