[fdo-users] studio mgos fdo fix

Brad Nesom bnesom at acogok.org
Wed Apr 4 09:13:05 EDT 2007

ok I added the changes that were suggested on a thread in the mapguide-users
forum to the providers.xml in the mgos bin/fdo directory. I thought I also
had to add the same entries to the providers.xml in the studio fdo folder.
(mainly because after adding the entry in the mgos folder it did not affect
my studio provider list. Well that still did not positively affect my
provider list and I was told I shouldn't have done that.

Problem was when I first opened the providers.xml under studio it had
carriage returns in it (I had it open in notepad) and was not wordwrap
formatted. So being the smart guy I am (not). I did saveas and got it to
text format first and then saved it over my xml (in studio folder). Now
studio won't run. I de-install and re-install and finnaly after several
attempts I am successfully running studio again. Only when I go to create a
new conection there are no providers in the list. 0-zero.

Not sure what to do. I guess I could revert and request someone to post a
good xml for mgos and one for studio.

Well ok , Would someone post a set of xmls for me to try?

Or better suggestions will be accepted.

Brad