[fdo-users] RE: [mapguide-users] RE: SDF format description

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Apr 27 11:31:23 EDT 2007

I can confirm that this doesn't work, despite the "magic" string at the
top of the file indicating that it is a SQLite file.

I asked about this, but apparently maintaining the necessary metadata
for SQLite would have reduced performance.

For now, I think we're stuck thinking of SDF as an FDO-native format;
similar to ArcSDE, but with an open source access mechanism and geometry
specification:

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/browser/trunk/Providers/SDF/Src/Provider

I would love to see a version of SDF (SDFDB?) that maintains SQLite
compatibility, enabling more "open" access.

Jason