[fdo-users] Create new features using King SL Provider an ADSK Map 2007

robert fritz robert-fritz at web.de
Sat Apr 28 08:12:40 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm using Autodesk Map 2007, Oracle XE and the FDO KING SL Oracle
provider. First I copied a ESRI shape file to OraXE using fdo2fdo.
Second I altered the table in OraXE, adding a primary key. Third I
connected to OraXE and loaded the imported spatial data into Map.

I can modify existing objects (geometry or attribute data) but I can not
create new objects. Oracle returns a "cannot insert NULL into" error.
Without the definition of a primary key I could not modifiy existing
objects.

But I saw in the flash movie by Haris that he did the same (copying a
shapefile to ora xe, connecting to oraxe using Autodesk Map, modifying
existing and creating new objects). And he did not do any additional
steps. What did I do wrong? Why can I not create new objects?
Why did I have to create a primary key to modify existing objects and
Haris had not ?

I have just started to use Oracle – so maybe my question is stupid and I
should read the manuals first (which one?)

regards, Robert