[fdo-users] Unable to test PostGis provider

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Aug 14 20:20:29 EDT 2007

Bruno Scott wrote:
> Hi all
>
> i'm trying to test the new pre-release PostGis provider
> But i am not able to do anything
>
> In mapguide studio.  when i try to create a new PostGis data connection i
> have no connection properties.
> There is nothing in the log file...
>
> In Autodesk Map 2008, when i try the same thing i got:
> Unable to create connection to provider 'OSGeo.PostGIS.3.2'
> Unable to load the FDO Provider: This application has failed to start
> because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
> application may fix this problem.
>
> It seems that the postgis fdo dll is not loading

Bruno,

Most likely, you've not new Visual C++ run-time libraries in your
system. I build PostGIS provider binaries with Visual C++ 2005 + SP1, so
new vcredist package is required on end-user machine.

Here you can get it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

Cheers
--