[fdo-users] Runtime error to connect with PostGIS

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Aug 14 20:24:46 EDT 2007

Santiagos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to connect to PostGIS with fdo2fdo, but when I try to create
> a PostGIS connection I get the following error message:
>
> "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library" "Runtime Error! "This application
> has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way...."
>
> I have read the messages in this list and I have done several changes in
> my installation:
> - I have installed MS C++ Runtime SP1 (and reboot)

I assume you mean this package

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

If you don't, please install it this one.

> - I have put 3 dll's that Dependency Walker said to me were missing in
> the system32 windows folder.

What DLLs?

> - I have copied libpg.dll, libpg.lib and bin PostgreSQL folder in
> fdo2fdo folder.

I'd suggest to add Postgresql\bin to PATH instead of copying its
libraries and see if that works.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot