[fdo-users] Postgis/OGR providers on Ubuntu?

Jo Cook j.cook at OXFORDARCH.CO.UK
Wed Aug 15 05:28:28 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I would like to add the OGR and Postgis providers to my Ubuntu install of
Mapguide Open Source and would appreciate it if someone could give me a
little help with it. I have tried to install the ogr provider from svn, but
this failed at the beginning of the configure stage with the message

stdafx.h:3:17: error: Fdo.h: No such file or directory

followed by line upon line of error. I can post a log file of this if that
would be handy. Because the readme file with the source said that it wanted
gdal 1.4, and it wanted it somewhere accessible, I compiled and installed
gdal1.4.0 from source, which installed itself in /usr/local/share/gdal. My
fdo installation (installed as part of the mapguide installation) is in
/usr/local/fdo-3.2.2.

When I look at the postgis provider in svn, I can't even tell how I would go
about installing it!

I thought that another option would be to include the providers into the
checkoutsvn.sh script for the fdo build, but I don't really know how I would
proceed from there.

If anyone can give me some pointers on this I'd be extremely grateful as I
have a very lonely postgresql database that's simply yearning to be put on a
map!

Many thanks

Jo