[fdo-users] Postgis/OGR providers on Ubuntu?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Aug 15 10:29:04 EDT 2007

Jo Cook wrote:
> Hi Mateusz,
>
> That's a real shame.

Jo,

I can only say I'm sorry.

> I would be more than happy to help with porting providers.
> My expertise is pretty minimal but I can spare the time to learn
> and help out in any way possible.

I don't expect there will be many/any changes required in the source
code. The porting will be mostly based on creating
Makefiles for GNU make.

> I think this is really worthwhile doing
> because otherwise the linux version of mapguide is pretty limited in
> comparison to the windows version.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, I'm not able to work on it before
end of the September.

> Is there anyone else I could contact regarding working on the port?

AFAIK I'm the only person who maintains the PostGIS provider.
If you'd like to start preparing makefiles, I'd really appreciate your
help and I can offer my assistance. You can catch me here or in IRC
channel #fdo (my nick is mloskot), on the FreeNode.net server.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net