[fdo-users] Defining SpatialContext - how and when?

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Sat Jul 7 08:49:42 EDT 2007

Autodesk Map 3D 2007 / MS SQL Server 2005

I have problems inserting a new GeometryValue due to the "Default"
SpatialContext settings. "Default" SpatialContext has an envelope (extents)
ranging from -2000000,-2000000 to 2000000,2000000, while my geometry lies
way beyond default settings. Due to that fact, I keep receiving following
error: "Error creating spatial context (null) (SRID=486518961), the WKT
provided does not match the catalog."

I tried to update Extents value on "Default" spatial context using
CreateSpatialContext command but it's not working (well, at least nothing
changes in dbo.f_spatialcontextgroup table). Then I resorted to creating a
new SC.

Now, I managed to create a new SpatialContext (named "MGI") with associated
WKB string, proper extents settings, etc. Alas, I can not activate it :-)
ActivateSpatialContext command does not affect present spatial contexts
within DataStore - ISpatialContextReader always returns IsActive = False for
every SC present.

I think I'm doing something wrong here, just can't figure out exactly
what... :-) At what moment do I need to create custom SpatialContext (before
or after creating feature schema?), and how do I apply newly established SC
on present schema? How do I "force" my newly inserted geometric values
"conformant" to present SC?

Regards,
Maksim Sestic