[fdo-users] Question on accessing Schema Mappings

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Mon Jul 23 06:05:32 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I established Microsoft SQL Server hosted DataStore with several
FeatureSchemas, containing several FeatureClasses, containing several
Properties. Actual data was instantiated on all beforementioned elements,
everything works OK.

During model creation provider imposes implicit SchemaMappings on several
PropertyDefinitions, which is OK during data insertion. Querying data
introduces problems since ISQLDataReader takes actual column name as a
parameter to get access to stored property value. In certain cases column
names carry mapped names (e.g. DataPropertyDefintion named "Number" gets
mapped to a column named "number1"). I've noticed that every schema mapping
gets persisted within dbo.f_attributedefinition table.

Now for the question - how do I gain access to (auto)generated mappings on
model elements - Schema, Class and Property? What's the procedure to get
i.e. PropertyDefinition for given ISQLDataReader column name (or
vice-versa)?

Regards,
Maksim Sestic