[fdo-users] Protocole between redhat with PostGre and Windows 2003

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 25 20:32:10 EDT 2007

cedre wrote:
> Hi everybody, My client has one server Rehat linux with
> PostgreSql/PostGis and one server Windows 2003 with MapGuide Open
> source : he wants to know the protocole dedicated between this both
> server.

The protocol is defined by PostgreSQL and accessible through libpq
client library (and friends). The FDo PostGIS provider uses libpq to
communicate with PostgreSQL DBMS server, regardless of location (local,
remote) and operating system (windows, unix, etc.). All these variations
are encapsulated by implementation of PostgreSQL, its protocol and
client library.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot