[fdo-users] RE: Unable to test PostGis provider

btenbroeck btenbroeck at itssg.com
Fri Sep 7 15:52:01 EDT 2007

I'm having a similar issue. I have Map 2008 and MGE 2008, otherwise the same
setup as Bruno. XP SP2, PostGresSql 8.2.4 with PostGis 1.2.1, FDO PostGIS
provider - build 3171, PostgreSQL bin directory 1st in PATH, postgis fdo
dlls copied to FDP/bin under Map 2008, and the providers.xml modified. I
have installed the MS C++ Runtime SP1

In Map I get "Failed to load connection control for provider. Either the
provider is not installed, or there was an error accessing it"

In Mapguide Studio 2008 I don't get any editable connection properties.

Even if i have Visual studio 2005 i've installed the MS C++ Runtime SP1
And now i can connect and display data

Thanks
Bruno

The providers.xml files on the matheus site shows a fdo version 3.2.0.0
Is it build with this fdo version?
We use fdo internally in c++ program and we had problem
making fdo 3.2.2 and 3.2.0 living together!
could it be the problem?

Have you installed the MS C++ Runtime SP1?

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-
4A14-984D-389C36F85647>

If that doesn't work (after a reboot) run depends.exe on the PostGIS
provider DLL and see if it's having difficulties locating anything.

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Finally, I wonder if there were changes in libpq.dll between the version
that Mateusz is using and the one you are.

Jason