[fdo-users] RE: Unable to test PostGis provider

btenbroeck btenbroeck at itssg.com
Sat Sep 8 09:57:42 EDT 2007

I have worked through this; issue was similar again to Bruno's - missing
dwmapi.dll, and I had an incompatible version of libeay32.dll. Dialogs are
now working in both Map 2008 and MGE 2008.

I cannot for the life of me figure out the connection requirements;
specifically Service and DataStore. PostGIS is on another machine, and when
I connect via pgAdmin III

Username: ETC
Hostname: Bill-2k
Password: etc
Port: 5432
DB is ETC and Schema is Public

Would someone who has successfully connected post the parameters? Sorry to
be a dunce.

Thanks

I'm having a similar issue. I have Map 2008 and MGE 2008, otherwise the same
setup as Bruno. XP SP2, PostGresSql 8.2.4 with PostGis 1.2.1, FDO PostGIS
provider - build 3171, PostgreSQL bin directory 1st in PATH, postgis fdo
dlls copied to FDP/bin under Map 2008, and the providers.xml modified. I
have installed the MS C++ Runtime SP1

In Map I get "Failed to load connection control for provider. Either the
provider is not installed, or there was an error accessing it"

In Mapguide Studio 2008 I don't get any editable connection properties.