[fdo-users] PostGIS Provider

btenbroeck btenbroeck at itssg.com
Tue Sep 11 11:26:13 EDT 2007

All -

I have been testing the most recent PostGIS FDO releases also, and would
like to add one observation. I understand that the development is ongoing,
and bugs are to be expected. However, I was a bit suprised to find that
errors in the FDO provider are able to take down the entire application - in
this case Map 2008 and Mapguide 2008. I'm not sure if this is the
appropriate forum, as this would seem to me to be an application issue, as
opposed to a provider issue per se, but I did want to get this out there,
and see where it leads.

I'd also like to say how excited I am by the interest in the PostGIS
provider, and FDO in general. And many thanks to those of you that do the
heavy lifting!

I would like to discuss on the native FDO PostGIS provider developed by
Mateusz Loskot.

I know there are binaries for release 3171 (april 2007), and also other
binaries provided recently by Jason Birch recently.
I tested these binaries on Map 3D 2008. I installed the VC++ package,
and add the postgres needed DLLs (found thanks to Depends) to FDO\Bin.
Read works and I can check out features. But when I try to check in
modified features, Map 3D crashes.
My understanding is that the PostGIS provider is an ongoing development.