[fdo-users] PostGIS Provider

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Sep 11 11:12:31 EDT 2007

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> But I would like to know if writing (updating geometries and
>> attributes) is in the scope ?
>
> Yes, it is.
> So far, I've tested only simple cases like:
> http://svn.refractions.net/fdopostgis/trunk/Samples/insert_command/insert_command.cpp

I updated and tested the update_command sample and it works well for:

http://svn.refractions.net/fdopostgis/trunk/Samples/update_command/

I use simple samples like these two to test the PostGIS provider
and they work for me, so I'm inclined to say that simple cases works
well. Summarizing, reading works for geometries 2, 3 and 4 dim
geometries but inserting and updating work for 2D only.

After I'm back from the FOSS4G 2007, near Oct 8, I'm going to add
writing support to the EWKB engine, so all dimensions will work.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net