[fdo-users] RE: RE: Unicode (nvarchar) support for MS SQL Server

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Sat Sep 15 06:07:57 EDT 2007

I also run Google search on that topic and got equal results. Alas, I have no
idea how to implement proposed unicode_string database property change :-)
Is this a property being set during database creation, or it's possible to
apply it somehow upon existing dataset?

Here are some sources explaining what database property to set, but they
don't say _how_ to do it:
-
http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.2/index.cfm?TopicName=Language_support_in_the_geodatabase&anchor=nlsss
-
http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.2/index.cfm?TopicName=About_data_types

But that's almost all on that. Brad, do you also need to set that property
within Oracle datastore to be able to keep unicode strings in it?

Regards,
Maksim Sestic