[fdo-users] Any MySQL users out there?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Dec 10 17:54:40 EST 2008

MySQL is an interesting provider.  I think MySQL is the immediate choice
for most non-geo-savvy open source users-and as such it is important to
support it-but it wouldn't be considered by geo-types because of its
lack of support for non-BBOX comparison operations.  I'd be interested
to see the answer to this question; perhaps it would be good to ask on
mapguide-users too?

Maybe we should build a phone-home feature into FDO so we can count
actual usage of the providers... just kidding J

Jason

From: Orest Halustchak
Subject: [fdo-users] Any MySQL users out there?

If you use MySQL and the FDO provider for MySQL, what version of MySQL
are you using?

The MySQL 5.1 GA version was released recently. Is anyone planning to
move to 5.1 in the short term? It looks like the client libraries are
not binary compatible with 5.0.