[fdo-users] ISelect and ISQLCommand Usage

Crispin at 1Spatial Crispin.Hoult at 1Spatial.com
Mon Jan 7 08:57:36 EST 2008

Thanks - a partial success and perhaps something for the bug list...

Using the SHP provider I could use GetPropertyNames and add to the column
list all OK.
But with the King.Oracle.0.1.1 on FDO 3.2.3 (3.2.2.66) I get an Oracle
error.

Exception:
OSGeo.FDO.Common.Exception was unhandled
  Message="ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart()
routine\nORA-13208: internal error  while evaluating [window SRID does not
match layer SRID] operator\nORA-06512: at \"MDSYS.SDO_INDEX_METHOD_10I\",
line 474\nORA-06512: at line 1\n"
  Source="OSGeo.FDO"
  StackTrace:
       at OSGeo.FDO.Commands.Feature.ISelectImp.Execute()

Code sample:
if ("King.Oracle.0.1.1" != sourceConnection.ConnectionInfo.ProviderName)
{
	OSGeo.FDO.Commands.IdentifierCollection colFields;
	colFields = selectCommand.PropertyNames;

	OSGeo.FDO.Expression.Identifier idField2 = new
OSGeo.FDO.Expression.Identifier(szGeometry);
	colFields.Add(idField2);
	OSGeo.FDO.Expression.Identifier idField1 = new
OSGeo.FDO.Expression.Identifier(szLayerField);
	colFields.Add(idField1);
}

In theory, you should be able to query only certain columns using an
FdoISelect. There is a GetPropertyNames() call on the FdoISelect object. It
returns a collection of property names that you can add to. If the
collection is empty, all columns are returned, otherwise, the specified
columns are returned.

However, I bet the implementation of this varies across providers.

Traian