Re[fdo-users] distributing FDO - "The specified module could not be found"?

Crispin at 1Spatial Crispin.Hoult at 1Spatial.com
Mon Jan 14 12:27:42 EST 2008

Hi Folks,

I appreciate that the .net assemblies for FDO are some kind of interoperable
wrappers to compiled DLLs below and not 100% managed code (if I have all my
terminology right).  So when I just do a simple file-copy and call the first
function in the application I get the exception below.  As none of the DLL's
register I must be missing something obvious?

Many thanks in advance,

 Crispin

OSGeo.FDO.Common.Exception: Unable to load the FDO Provider: The specified
module could not be found.

   at OSGeo.FDO.IConnectionManagerImp.CreateConnection(String providerName)