[fdo-users] OGR 3.3 Provider runtime error

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Mon Jan 21 23:49:17 EST 2008

Hi List,

I have an application that interrogates a provider's connection properties,
but when I want to get the connection properties of the OGR provider. I get
the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program: [path to executable]
R6034
An Application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library
incorrectly.

If I run this through the vs debugger, I get an unhandled
OSGeo.FDO.Common.Exception with the following message.

"Unable to load the FDO Provider: A dynamic link library (DLL)
initialization routine failed."

Running OGRProvider.dll through depends.exe, I found that it was has a
missing dependency dwmapi.dll, which after some googling turns out to be a
Windows Vista dll (???). So I downloaded the file anyway, and put it into
the working directory, but I still get the same error messages.

I am using FDO 3.3.0 RC1 (binaries, not built from source) on Windows XP.
I am using the managed dlls.

Any ideas?

- Jackie