[fdo-users] Is there a Feature class naming convention

Bruno Scott bscott at geomapgis.com
Tue Jan 22 10:33:01 EST 2008

When we create a feature class, let say using the MySQL provider we give a
feature class name example: "MyFeatureClass"
and when we query it we use the same "MyFeatureClass"
This is fine...

With the PostGIS provider, we create the feature with a name like
"MyFeatureClass"
but we query with a different name example "MySchema.MyFeatureClass"

We have this same problem with the King.Oracle provider

When you have an application that uses any FDO RDBMS provider, it makes
things very difficult to handle.
We need to hardcode
"if provider == PostGis" then
"if provider == KingOracle then

And it is a bit against the FDO philosophy, a single language to address the
same way any spatial database,file

It there a reason for that different naming?

Bruno Scott