[fdo-users] postgis and performance

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jul 28 04:32:46 EDT 2008

alucas pisze:
> Hi zac,
>
> But... Views are more slowly than tables. The best choice would be to change
> the provider to avoid this string matching.

I'm sorry but I couldn't follow the discussion very since the beginning,
so I probably don't see the problem well.
But could you specify what string matching you mean, in PostGIS provider?

I'm interested in implementing any optimization, but first I'd need to
see the idea well.

Here is SQL query used to retrieve all spatial tables in current datastore:

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/browser/trunk/Providers/PostGIS/Src/Provider/PgTablesReader.cpp#L261

Greetings