[fdo-users] postgis and performance

alucas alucas at srtec.com
Mon Jul 28 16:27:11 EDT 2008

Hello Mateusz,

In order to understand the problem, you need to read the entire post. In
summary, I'm testing the fdo provider with mapguide enterprise 2009 and I've
problems about the performance for reading large volumes of data (i.e layer
with aprox 500.000 records). Zac, told me that the problem could be in the
string matching that the provider need to do for column name in the "select
*" query.

I've a question for you, if I create a spatial index in postgis (gist
index), the provider uses it?

Another problems occurs when I've a database with aprox 240 tables. From
Autocad Map 2009, the operation for reading the schemas is very expensive in
time. It takes aprox. 5 minutes for reading the schemas in this case, is
normal?

Thanks.