[fdo-users] MPolygon <-> FDO

djonio djonio at miami-airport.com
Tue Mar 11 06:35:48 EDT 2008

Gavin,

I hesitated to respond yesterday since you are on vacation and I had to
noodle through my approach to this issue anyway. For me your last post
brought me closure on the current state of FDO and those “curvee thingees”.
However, I am still not sure of what approach I should take. I am leaning
toward the good'ol, tryed and true linearstring approach. I have been doing
that for a couple years now. (back then I think I used AGF … whatever). I
talked to my users yesterday and they are kinda’ sorta’ OK with an
“emulated” arc approach. When a round-trip is needed they are willing to
deal with those “mini-lines”. I will have to build some test cases for them
but from their perspective anything is better than the tedium that I put
them through today … maybe we take a little step instead of a big one.

Sorry for that slight digression. I take your recommendation to heart and as
time permits will look into the FDO component myself.

You have a great vacation!
dennis