[fdo-users] Problem building FDO 3.3 with MySQL/ODBC on CentOS 5

larry white larz at neomatix.ca
Fri Mar 14 09:01:41 EDT 2008

Andy,

This is the error I mentioned in a posting a few days ago.

There are missing LD_LIBRARY references for 'libodbcinst' in the
UnitTest Makefile.am

You have to modify Makefile.am (and/or Makefile after initial compilation).

In particular, in the 'UnitTestOdbc_LDADD' section you need to add a
couple of lines (both may not be necessary, but it works).

At (or around) line 154 and line 191, you'll find references to libodbc:
 -lodbc \

insert the additional following line
-lodbcinst \

Compilation should be successful after making that change; Unit Tests
will run; and the provider will install and function properly (eg., I'm
been using MySQL driver as the primary provider for some current
testing. However, I have not used the ODBC provider.)

-- larry white
Sr Systems Analyst
neomatix.ca