[fdo-users] 3.3.2 Source Files with Unexpected Names

Bob Cave bobc at bluemarblegeo.com
Fri Feb 13 09:51:33 EST 2009

I am building FDO 3.3.2 on Windows.  I have run SetEnvironment.bat to
initialize the environment, then launched Visual Studio 2005 from that
command line session so that it will have the environment set up correctly.

While building XercesLib, I got errors saying that various header files
could not be found:

xercesc/validators/schema/identity/XercesXPath.hpp
xercesc/validators/schema/identity/IC_Selector.hpp
xercesc/framework/psvi/XSComplexTypeDefinition.hpp

When I looked in the directories where those files were supposed to be, I
found files with those names, but with a suffix of 0000644 (e.g.,
XercesXPath.hpp0000644).  Are these files supposed to be generated by the
configuration process?  When I ran SetEnvironment.bat, I didn't get any
error messages, but I did get messages saying I do not have several of the
optional items.  Since those items are optional, I decided to continue
without them.  Maybe that was not the best course of action.

Can I just rename these files, or do I have a configuration issue?

Thanks,

Bob