[fdo-users] FDO SDK Questions

André de Brito andre.brito at evolve.pt
Thu Jan 22 11:17:09 EST 2009

Hello.
I've been reading most of the documentation available on the FDO website and
I have a few questions that I would like to see answered please.

First, I would like to know if, in order to use the FDO SDK for Linux, do I
need to build/compile the FDO source? I only want to integrate and use FDO
on my code, so I think I should only need to import the libraries included
in the SDK package.

Second, I would like to know if anyone has ever tried to use FDO SDK to
develop Mac OSX applications or if there's any reason why it should not be
possible. From what I read, I think that I should be able to use the Linux
SDK to develop a Mac OS application, but I'm not sure.

Last, I would like to get some clarification about the Linux SDK structure.
I can see there's a folder containing many header files and another with
.so's and .a'a. I'm still a newbie in C++, so I don't really know what to do
with those files. I suppose I have to include the header files (something
like "#include "include/fdo.h"), but I'm not sure what to do with the
libraries (".so" and ".a").

Thanks in advance,
André de Brito