[fdo-users] PostGIS and Map 3D 2010 autoincrement problems

David Anderson da at donnellandallred.com
Mon Jun 22 18:02:15 EDT 2009

I have been trying to setup Map 3D 2010 to access a PostGIS database
that has a feature set to auto increment the primary key.  When trying
to create a new feature, Map 3D complains about the gid being invalid
because it tries to add it as 0.  Map 3D won't let me change the value
because it is controlling it.  If I check in the feature, close the
drawing, reopen the drawing Map 3D shows the feature even though it was
saying it couldn't be added.  I have tried with various combinations of
PostgreSQL 8.2 & 8.3 and PostGIS 1.3.4-1.3.6 with the same results.

Is anybody successfully using Map 3D with the auto increment setting?
Does this only work with a certain data type?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

QGIS and uDig both access the database properly and can add features so
the database is working in that respect.

Thanks,

David