[fdo-users] Count() function in the ArcSDE provider

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 01:16:40 EST 2009

Hi All,

When I try to execute an ISelectAggregate command on an ArcSDE feature class
with a computed property containing the following expression:

COUNT(OBJECTID)

It throws an error:

The ArcSDE Provider does not support non-aggregate functions or expresssions
in the select aggregates command.

That error confuses me because the capabilities say, that:

1) The ISelectAggregate command is supported
2) The COUNT() function is supported.
3) COUNT() is an aggregate function.

So how does one COUNT() an ArcSDE feature class? That approach works fine
for other providers.

- Jackie