[fdo-users] Identity properties are not updateable ?!

Orest Halustchak orest.halustchak at autodesk.com
Thu Oct 8 08:38:00 EDT 2009

Hi,

Which provider are you using? Some fdo providers don't allow the update of an identity property once it is set. You would have to delete the object and insert a new one with the new identity. Mostly this is an issue for providers that support things like long transaction tracking of changes to objects, history, etc. These rely on the identity of an object not changing.

Thanks,
Orest.