[fdo-users] GDAL Provider: access files in a folder

Vito Rifino virifin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 09:39:42 EST 2010

Hello all,

with SHP Provider I can access shapefile in a folder; I create the
connection to the folder:

FdoIConnection *m_connection;
FdoPtr<IConnectionManager> manager =
FdoFeatureAccessManager::GetConnectionManager();
m_connection = manager->CreateConnection(L"OSGeo.SHP");
m_connection->SetConnectionString(L"DefaultFileLocation=/mnt/data/shp");

If /mnt/data/shp path contains the shapefile shpxxx.shp I can read it:

FdoPtr<FdoISelect> command = (FdoISelect
*)m_connection->CreateCommand(FdoCommandType_Select);
command->SetFeatureClassName(L"shpxxx");

I tried the same thing with Gdal Provider, without success:

FdoIConnection *m_connection;
FdoPtr<IConnectionManager> manager =
FdoFeatureAccessManager::GetConnectionManager();
m_connection = manager->CreateConnection(L"OSGeo.Gdal");
m_connection->SetConnectionString(L"DefaultRasterFileLocation=/mnt/data/tif");
FdoPtr<FdoISelect> command = (FdoISelect
*)m_connection->CreateCommand(FdoCommandType_Select);
command->SetFeatureClassName(L"tifxxx");

I get "Feature class 'tifxxx' not found in schema." error.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Vito