[fdo-users] RE: Fgf to Wkb

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Mon Dec 20 16:08:29 EST 2010

NOTE: Even though the managed API is simply a wrapper around the unmanaged C++ API, the managed API's retrieval of the FGF byte array using GetGeometry() will always be slower than experienced using the unmanaged API directly. This is due to the fact that the underlying unmanaged FGF geometry cannot be referenced by const pointer as it could be in the case of unmanaged C++, but has to be copied to the managed byte array for return. So, the user always gets a copy of the byte array geometry rather than a reference to it.

Greg