[fdo-users] RE: Fgf to Wkb

maland hma at powel.com
Tue Dec 21 06:30:59 EST 2010

After some more investigation I see that there are two problems here as Gavin
points out.

1 ) Fetching the geometries in FGF with GetGeometry using the OSGeo.ArcSDE
provider. As already mentioned, for the geometry referred to in my example,
this call takes 3-4 seconds. For reference, reading the exact same data
using the OSGeo.SHP provider, the call to GetGeometry takes 4 ms - a factor
of 1000!

2 ) Converting the Geometry to Wkb. We have now implemented a version of
Fgf2Wkb based on source from OgrFdoUtil / SltGeomUtil. This approach is
roughly 400 times faster than using the GetWkb function in the FDO API. It
would have been nice if this utility function could be provided directly
through the FDO API.

The first issue here is still bothering us.

Henning