[fdo-users] FDO-Connection problem AcadMap to ArcSDE

Heddo Klandermans h.klandermans at hawarIT.com
Thu Dec 23 10:44:04 EST 2010

Dear users,

When connecting AcadMap2009 (client side) to ArcSDE 9.2 (server side) by
FDO 3.3 we face the problem of a broken connection when started to read
data from a table. From Oracle 10.2.0.x we can see that the process to
read the data is started but after some time the connection is suddenly
closed.

In AcadMap we get the error message: "Cannot start session with invalid
version name" with message details "Version info for "SDE.DEFAULT" could
not be retrieved. Network I/O error(-10)"

The connection to server and instance is correct, because datastore and
version are selectable. Then when you connect and retrieve the feature
classes these are shown in the FDO-screen.

On suggested soultions we already tried to add port numbers to the host
file and ip in the services file, but both actions did not solve the
problem.

We do have a very large number of feature classes (around 150, with a
number of FC's heving 2-3 history FC's). Also ArcSDE is on a different
server than Oracle using memory connections.

Does anyone have experienced similar problems and knows a solution?

Thx,
Heddo Klandermans

--
ir. H.D. (Heddo) Klandermans