[fdo-users] Re: OSGeo.PostgreSQL.3.5 Provider Create Schema

hanko hana.jaborova at spatialtechnology.se
Thu Jun 10 02:37:40 EDT 2010

Hi all,

1.I can create a new database 'gisdb' with OSGeo.PostgreSQL.3.5 Provider
without problems.
A schema 'public' is created with two tables 'geometry_columns' and
'spatial_ref_sys'  and a view 'geography_columns'.

2.If I want to list spatial context in 'gisdb'  with IGetSpatialContexts
there is none.
3.I create a new simple Feature Schema 'ShipSysSchema 'and I set
geometricProperty.SpatialContextAssociation = "3007";	//srid
When I apply my new schema I gott an exception
{"Schema ShipSysSchema has errors; cannot apply it "}
InnerException	{"The spatial context name associated with geometry property
'Geom' of the feature class 'Ship' not found "}
System.Exception {OSGeo.FDO.Common.Exception}

4.I create a new spatial context srid = 3007,  SWEREF99 with
ICreateSpatialContext.
A new table f_scinfo in PostGIS 'gisdb' public schema is created.

CREATE TABLE f_scinfo
(
  f_scinfo_id bigint NOT NULL,
  "3007" geometry,
  CONSTRAINT public_pk_f_scinfo PRIMARY KEY (f_scinfo_id),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_3007 CHECK (st_ndims("3007") = 2),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_3007 CHECK (st_srid("3007") = (-1))
)
WITH (
  OIDS=FALSE
);

5.Then I apply a Feature schema 'ShipSysSchema'.
I gott an exception
{"Schema ShipSysSchema has errors; cannot apply it "}
InnerException	{"Error in Column
gisdb.public.geography_columns.f_geography_column: length or precision 0 is
less than minimum allowed (1) "}	System.Exception
{OSGeo.FDO.Common.Exception}

Any ideas?

Hanko