[fdo-users] Re: OSGeo.PostgreSQL.3.5 Provider Create Schema

Brent Robinson brent.robinson at autodesk.com
Thu Jun 10 07:26:51 EDT 2010

Hi Hanko,

This problem is specific to the combination of the PostgreSQL 3.5 provider and PostGIS 1.5. PostGIS 1.5.0 was released not long before the provider, so the provider was built and tested against PostGIS 1.4. The geography_columns view was introduced by 1.5 and the PostgreSQL provider unsuccessfully tries to generate a feature class from it. This problem has been fixed in the FDO trunk by recognizing geography_columns as a system view and skipping the generation of the feature class. The fix will probably show up in version 3.6 of the provider.

If you don't need anything that is specifically in 1.5, a workaround would be to roll back to 1.4.
In another posting you mentioned that removing the geography_columns view gets rid of the error. This would work, as long as you don't need the geography column type, but I don't know if there are any other side effects. I'll do a bit more checking to see if there are any other alternatives.

Brent.